Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday Ideas

So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!" And Jesus found a young ass and sat upon it; as it is written, "Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your king is coming, sitting on an ass's colt (Jn 12:13-15)!"

Ideas for Palm Sunday:
I have been thinking about our Holy week Plans and trying to get some ideas together.
Here are a few thoughts that I thought I would share especially for Palm Sunday~

Information about Palm  Branches and Palm Sunday

We will be definitely making Palm Crosses.

I am so keen to try to make these Palm Sunday Crosses (below in scanned form) from the book The Children's Year.

 There are so many great ideas to make with the children from this book and the others like it: All Year Round and Festivals Family and Food

Another lovely Palm Cross Idea

I will be printing this out for  our little ones to read with them as well as from the Picture Bible's we have.

Colouring Page 1
Colouring Page 2
Colouring Page 3

Word Search
Small Word Search

I seriously think this is a really good idea from Tiffany~ I think each child could have one of  these

You simply tie together a few sticks in the shape of a cross with hot glue and pipe cleaner.  We added a little drape with purple ribbon.  They will be a nice Good Friday reminder for our home altar and also to tack in the children's bedrooms later on.
From Tiffany's blog
We will be finish putting up our Three Crosses on our Hill that we traditionally do each year.
Corbyn started this one in March and was so keen to have it up.
So tomorrow we will put up two more.

Seriously I cannot think of anything else to do, and I am trying not to over burden myself or the children.

I will be posting more ideas we are doing for Holy week....Our theme will be focused on Egg crafts and ideas as well as making chocolate eggs and chocolate.

Blessings to you and your homes,

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love all of those palm crosses! Thanks for the link back to the Good Friday crosses too:-) Got your book in the mail and God Bless your Holy Week! P.S. I am not on Face book during Lent so I can't become a follower quite yet. I'll log in after Easter:-)

ccc said...

Thanks for the ideas and especially the word searches and coloring pages.

noreen said...

Hi Gae, you have such wonderful ideas to celebrate Holy Week! I love that your children make crosses out of tree branches and place them on the hill. You're an amazing role model for your children.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...