Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our Ascension Day Plans and Idea from past years


Ascension Day commemorates the ascension of Christ into Heaven it occurs on the Thursday 40 days after Easter.
According to the accounts in the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, Jesus appeared to many of his disciples during the 40 days following his resurrection. On the 40th day, he came again to the Apostles and led them out to the Mount of Olives where he instructed them to wait in Jerusalem for the promise of the Holy Spirit. Then, as they were watching, he ascended into clouds. As they continued to watch, two angels appeared and declared to them that, just as he ascended, Jesus would return in glory.

As Ascension Day is tomorrow and I am not sure if I will come up with any new plans for the children to celebrate with, I thought I would share our precious plans and activities for anyone to perhaps get ideas for this day.
Here is my list:
Ascension Day 2011
Plans and Scenes 2011
Ascension Day 2010
Ascension Day Plans 2009 (my original ones)

For those who would like to pray a Novena between Ascension and Pentecost:
Holy Spirit Novena~ 

Dearest Holy Spirit, confiding in Your deep, personal love for me, I am making this novena for the following request, if it be Your Holy Will to grant it:
(mention your request).
Teach me, Divine Spirit, to know and seek my last end; grant me the holy fear of God; grant me true contrition and patience.
Do not let me fall into sin. Give me an increase of faith, hope and charity, and bring forth in my soul all the virtues proper to my state in life.
Make me a faithful disciple of Jesus and an obedient child of the Church. Give me efficacious grace sufficient to keep the Commandments and to receive the Sacraments worthily.
Give me the four Cardinal Virtues, Your Seven Gifts, Your Twelve Fruits.
Raise me to perfection in the state of life to which You have called me and lead me through a happy death to everlasting life.
I ask this through Christ our Lord, 

Amen.

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

1 comment:

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Gae,

You do such fun things with your family! Thanks for reminding us to think about our Lord's Ascension. May He return soon!

Love,

Marqueta

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...