I decided I liked the idea of listing 7 things form the week that just happened and did not necessarily need to blog a whole post on. This week I am just being a bit Random in my thoughts because well it has been very random.
So for my 7 Quick takes this week:
1. I have made 3 trips to Launceston this week. Two of which were for the older boys exams and one to take Stephen back to the airport. This is a minimum 3 hour return trip each time, plus anything else we might want to do.
2. When trying to explain tides to the little ones after our trips to the beach and trying to go at low tide to visit the rock pools. Saxon explained that the tide comes in and out was because the Great Blue Whale drank the water in at low tide and spat it out at high tide. This is a favourite quote from The Rangers Apprentice Series~The Icebound Land.
The little children love the idea of this and talk about it all the time.
Autumn seems to think she has read about this in the Norse Myths book before.
3. Today as I waited for Kynan to do his exam at the University I browsed at the Uni bookshop. Surprisingly I found 3 books for the children. Wenceslas, George, the Dragon and the Princess and the third book was a DK Children's Cookbook.
These were a very good price for the three.
4. With Stephen being home for 4 days and the boys having exams etc, the girls and I have not been able to do Orchard House Circle for 2 weeks. I think this cook book will be a great help in doing some meals for the set homework the girls were given.
We are looking forward to returning to spending this time together again this coming week.
5. Autumn, Eden, Saxon, Vellvin and Rogan have all been obsessed with writing their stories for NaNoWriMo. They each have been very committed to this and it is interesting to hear the different stories and characters they have come up with.
Needless to say I have great difficulty getting them to do much else for lesson work.
6. Vellvin has finished reading Halt's Peril and the next lucky reader is...........Kynan~ now his exams are finished.
7. I am convinced Arwen can sing. As I sing La La La to her going up the scale she mimics back exactly what I sing to her. As we sing to her or sing in Church or at home she sings with us.
This is so lovely and I enjoy singing with her and hearing her sing.
Well that is all I have for this week. I Pray you all have a blessed and happy week.
For more inspirational 7 Quick Takes please visit Jen at Conversion Diary I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Keeper of the Hearth
- Feasts of Jesus
- Feasts of Mary
- Midnight Feast
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Stir Up Sunday
- Madi Gras
- Shrove Tuesday
- Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- Good Friday
- Ascension Day
- All Saints/All Souls
- Christ the King
- Stations of the Cross
- Liturgical Year
- Feminine Arts