Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We are Watched...........

How often do we remember that we have eyes that watch 'not what we say' but 'watch what we do?'

This is even more important as we live out our vocations as mothers as we KNOW that our little and big ones are watching how we respond to the trials of life. Not only large ordeals but even our small and seemingly simple challenges that sometimes turn into larger trials.

I know that I fail in this giving a good example of how I respond in everyday life situations and yet I try to remember that the way I act is so much more important than what I say.

In fact I think the best situation is to actually have the words you utter backed up by the actions you take...sounds simple, and yet in 'real life' often so hard.

I think this little poem says so much about why it is important to try to live our lives this way, and not forgetting that the most perfect example of this is of course Our Lord!

Little Eyes Upon You

There are little eyes upon you
and they're watching night and day.
There are little ears that quickly
take in every word you say.

There are little hands all eager
to do anything you do;
and a little child who's dreaming
of the day he'll be like you.

You're the little child's idol
you're the wisest of the wise.
In his little mind about you
no suspicions ever arise.

He believes in you devoutly,
holds all you say and so.
He will say and do, in your way
when he's grown up just like you.

There's a wide-eyed little child
who believes you're always right;
and his eyes are always opened, and he
watches day and night.

You are setting an example
every day in all you do;
for the little child who's waiting
to grow up to be like you.

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove ... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. "

~Author Unknown

Joining in with dear  Trish this week to share my LACE (click on the image below) I wish to uphold  Trish's guidelines in my own life:
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Praying for your own 'lacework this week ♥

Blessings to you and your homes,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gae,

You shared some beautiful thoughts today. I pray that all Mothers who read this post will be encouraged by your words. :)

-L. Rose

Trish said...

Gae, that is quite a powerful poem, isn't it!
Your words are so very true, too.
I think, most of us try to line up our actions with our words, and maybe it works most of the time.
But then, regardless of age.. we all fall short!
Have our days when we 'act out' and reveal our weakness.
I think if we teach our kids that failures will certainly happen and we all need to be given grace when we fail, they learn to be compassionate and forgiving.
You are so right..little eyes and ears are on us and for their sakes we can try to be more careful to set good examples.
I know at times, I was mortified to see some of my worst traits showing up in my sons, when they were younger and copying us more,ugh!!
It's an eye-opener, for sure!
Thank you for linking this great post up today, my friend :-)
Rest assured, I am praying..!
love..Trish

Anonymous said...

Since my diagnosis, this has become more and more apparent to me.

My boys are with me all day and night. They have watched me through all the trials and have also watched me through the joys.

I have been honest with them about my illness, and now they realize the why's behind it all.

But their eyes never leave me and this keeps me in check and also bring me great joy.

Thank you Gae for sharing your words...

Mrs. M.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. M...

What ever your illness you can CURE it with diet and vitamins.
www.credence.org

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Gae,
Your poem really hit a nerve. It gives us a lot to think about.Here's to good examples everywhere.
God bless
Barb from Australia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...