Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hearts for Home - 2nd August

 In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

I pray also that each person involved in 'Hearts for Home' would also pray for any others involved as well.

May you be blessed by this initiative. I pray it brings you and your family many blessings.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home'.
Please leave a you name and a link to your blog (if you don't have one just leave your list in the comment box) and perhaps a comment so we can all see and encourage each other.

If you would like, add the 'Hearts for Home' logo to your side bar as a reminder of your goals.
May God Bless you this week.

♥ Please leave a link to your Hearts for Home Edition on the Mister Linky at the end of the post, so we can all come and visit.
I would also appreciate you linking back here too.☺ ♥ ♥

Enjoying our lives on the 2nd August by doing ♥ ♥

Hello Dear Friends,
Well frankly I did not achieve anything physically from my last weeks list: I did not get anything made for our sweet Trahaearn, or do any water colouring. Perhaps this week ☺

1. I did make a little progress with the refocusing of  my heart on those desires that are dearest to me. I do think I had a more sweeter nature (most of the time) but had a major melt down this morning. I am going to continue on with this as well.

2. So this week I am resolved to be a more 'sticky and honey like' mummy and wife.

3. I did do better with this one but will continue to work on it even more ~Each time a child says' mummy', to stop my hands first, then my heart will follow to see the beauty in the interruption.....my child

4. Help my little ones (from Moran down) with the practice of saying a quick morning prayer before they even start their day and dedicating their day to Jesus.

5. Welcome home our travelers Braedon and Eden from their brief trip away. I am still amazed at how empty it feels when we have children away from home.

6. Be aware of the tension levels in our home and try to diffuse them first. I hope to achieve this by continual prayer throughout the day.

Praying you all find peace and joy in your own homes this week,







4 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Gae! Blessings to you. It's late over here...and I've had a long weekend and Monday (1st Birthday festivities for Baby Luke!). I hope to come back by tomorrow for a longer visit. Just wanted to say hello!!!

Valerie

Judy Dudich said...

God bless you, my dear friend, for you are in a beautiful, yet stressful state in life...may you be comforted by Our Lady as you strive to find new rhythms and routines with your family...and THANK YOU, for #3...I LOVE THIS.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Dear Gae,

You have some wonderful goals to work on! I must say, that they ones we all should emulate.

May you be blessed this week in achieving that which your heart has led you to.

Love,

Marqueta

Emily said...

This is a really good idea. And I needed this reminder today: "stop my hands first and my heart will follow to see beauty in the interruption...my child." Yes! Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...