Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Bed for Baby Jesus!

One  tradition we have  in our home is the preparing a soft bed for baby Jesus on Christmas morning.

One year I had Saxon make me a manger for this purpose as before we had just used an old box previously. We then have a small box of raffia, know as hay, that sits along side this manger.

The idea is to put as much hay in as possible by doing good deeds, making sacrifices, spending more time in prayer and other ways we can serve and do things for Jesus.
This photo  (looks like I need to get more hay by the way) was  after a couple of days and I confess to using it as an encouragement for better behaviour with the younger children especially, as well as an incentive to get their chores done too. This really seems to get them focused on what the season is about!

Last year we had Arwen sit it on more than one occasion and i am tempted to put Trahaearn in there too. The children have big plans for him to be baby Jesus in the Christmas play they are preparing.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Gae. What a wonderful idea. It looks fit for a King.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could be there to watch the play !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...