Friday, December 9, 2011

First Foods

After the fact that Trahaearn had some cookie tasting on St Nicholas Day I thought it would be time to add some 'real food' into his diet.
I admit that I have benn put off starting our sweet dumpling on solids as we ahve been pressured by Doctors from the time he was three months old to start him on solids, even while the Lactation Nurses advocate at least 6 months old as based on World Health Guidelines.
So taking the plunge I cooked him up some sweet potato and mashed it up with some EBM, which some of the kids found highly disturbing, lol.

So we just had to record this momentous occasion with some very sweet photos of him sampling the food. He really did not seem to like the food to start with but did have  a little taste.
Today when I gave it so him again he did seem to take to it better and finished the little spooonful I had prepared for him.

So enjoy these photos of our sweety trying a new sensation and look to the bottom to see who was very keen to eat his leftovers!!
In fact I had to stop her from trying to multitasking -- feed him herself and eat it while I was trying to spoon food into Trahaearn's mouth.













Blessings to you and your homes,
 

5 comments:

Gentle Heart Homestead said...

Oh how precious, Gae!
Love the wonderful photos - you captured the moment so well lol!
This brings back plenty of fun memories of my own boys :-)
Your sweet little dumpling is looking good and healthy, my friend.
Praise the Lord.
love and blessings..Trish

Gardenia said...

Look at that beautiful baby-boo! my, he is growing! i love all the little (big) expressions of his. and your little girlie is a sweetie. how joyouse to be surrounded by the love of children during Advent.

allisamazing said...

What precious photos. Thanks for sharing them :)

Erin said...

So cute.
After chatting to you I;ve put S back onto pumpkin only, no more potato and his problem is improving dramatically.

Sue Elvis said...

Gae,

I just love the look on Trahaearn's face! Did big sister get to eat the left-overs?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...