Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Some Ponderings to Share..............

At the moment I am pondering my role as wife, mother and keeper of the hearth.
I find that sometimes I just need some encouraging words in this culture of ours and so thought you might like some too.

Here a few thoughts to ponder..............

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again- by Diane Loomans 
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I’d finger-paint more, and point the fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.
I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I’d teach less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.

A Woman's Hands:
A woman has such special hands,
so many things they do.
They feed their tiny children
and they hug their big ones too.

They join together with their loved ones
during family prayer.
They reach and teach so lovingly
to those for whom they care.

They work on crafts,
they clean the house
they touch a fevered head.
They fix the meals and pat their husbands
while kind words are said.

A woman has such special hands,
so many things they do.
May this small token of our love,
Help preserve those hands for you.

Prayer in the little things:
Lord of all pots and pans and things; since I've no time to be
A saint by doing lovely things or watching late with Thee,
Or dreaming in the dawnlight or storming heaven's gates,
Make me a saint by getting meals, and washing up the plates.

Altho I must have Martha's hands, I have a Mary mind;
And when I black the boots and shoes, Thy sandals, Lord, I find.
I think of how they trod the earth, what time I scrub the floor;
Accept this meditation, Lord, I haven't time for more.

Warm all the kitchen with Thy love, and light it with Thy peace;
Forgive me all my worrying, and make all grumbling cease.
Thou Who didst love to give men food, in room or by the sea,
Accept this service that I do-I do it unto Thee. ~Anonymous

 Blessings to you and your homes,
 

1 comment:

Kelly Casanova said...

Lovely, thank you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...