Sunday, February 14, 2016

How to make and use Magnesium Oil

Magnesium Oil is not actually and oil. It is  simply called magnesium oil because of the oily feel of magnesium chloride suspended in water. Now this is not the same magnesium found in Epsom salt which many people have on hand. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. Magnesium Oil is magnesium chloride and is absorbed through the skin much better.

I started using this when I went to my Natropath and she advised me to take Magnesium. Well I did a little research and found that Magnesium  is better absorbed through the skin than taking supplements.

Most people have a magnesium deficiency. We used to get magnesium from our soil and water supplies, we’ve now depleted our soil and  our water supplies don't have many  trace minerals either. So, in and effort to combat this we can  eat more magnesium-rich foods like nuts, grains, and seeds, and we can supplement also with magnesium.

Essentially you make this oil up and spray it onto your body. Some of my children finds it itches them so I allow them about 30 mins before a shower and then let them wash. By this time the magnesium should have absorbed into the body and so not be 'washed off.'

This is an easy Recipe to remember as it is essentially equal parts-

1/2 C. Magnesium chloride flakes 
1/2 C. purified or distilled water 

How to-
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add the magnesium flakes and stir well until completely dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool, then transfer into a spray bottle
4. Spray on body and rub in. I use about 4-5 sprays into my hand and rub into my body twice

Blessings to you and your homes,
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...